Peanut butter, canned or easy-open meats (chicken, tuna fish, ham, etc.) canned chili and high-protein soups are easy to transport and simple to prepare. These items are not only nutritious, but are also ideal for families who do not have access to a stove for cooking, as they can be heated in a microwave.
Here are a few easy steps to ask your friends and family to donate $5 for your birthday in lieu of a birthday card!
1) Go to your Facebook account
2) Go to your 'home' page, and look on the left side column. You should see the 'fundraiser' option under "Create" at the bottom. Click on "fundraiser" and Facebook will walk you through.
3) Pick the charity “Erin’s Angels of CNY”
4) Set your fundraising goal and time-frame. We've seen many successful fundraisers at $200 or even $500 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can always raise the amount if you particularly like to challenge your friends.
5) Invite people on your friends' list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you're giving them an opportunity to participate in something bigger than themselves. The opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life. No problem if they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time - you've at least extended an invitation!
6) Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Seriously, these people are donating to Erin’s Angels because of YOU - because they love you, they appreciate you, they think you're the cats meow (and we do, too)!
Matching Gifts can potentially double your donation. Find out if your company matches employee donations.
Planned Giving empowers you to make a gift as part of your legacy. Learn how you can gift stocks, make donations directly from your IRA and more. For more information contact your financial advisor. If you don't have one contact our premier sponsor Dean Ripley.
In Memoriam In lieu of flowers at a funeral service, a loved one’s memory can be honored through donations to Erin's Angels.. Contact us at 315-399-6602.
We are a nonprofit organization focused on fighting food insecurity in Central New York. We ensure that hunger does not get in the way of a child's education in the Phoenix Central School District.
Are you passionate about what we're doing? Let us know! We are always looking for volunteers to help us make our vision a reality. We'll help you find a way to volunteer that best suits you. Please email Connie DeShais for volunteer opportunities. We're excited to have you join the team!
Whether you help through monetary donations, volunteering your time, or spreading our mission through word-of-mouth, thank you. We couldn't accomplish our mission without your support!